What we collect and why
When you shop with Micro Scooters, there are different ways we gather information about you:
1. When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address and contact details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
2. We keep a record of your purchases with us; this means we can send you the most relevant offers. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
3. We keep a record of any email correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
4. What we DON’T collect is your payment details – all of this is managed by Sage Pay’s secure payments system.
Cookies are small text files that websites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned. Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of website users. The Directive makes it compulsory for websites to inform users if cookies are being used and to provide some information on how they are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org. The Directive also places an obligation on websites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at www.aboutcookies.org. However, you should be aware that the Micro Scooters website (like many other shopping websites) will not work without cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
1. Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
2. Planning and managing Micro Scooter’s business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences.
4. Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
There are only two circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
1. With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Sage Pay in UK), fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
2. In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
How We DO NOT Use Your Personal Data.
We will never pass on your email address on to a 3rd party for marketing purposes.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to:
Micro Scooters Ltd
110 Coast Road
Essex C05 8NA
Don’t forget that if you have signed up to receive emails from us but change your mind and would like to unsubscribe, you can do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link in your newsletter. If you have any problems doing this please email firstname.lastname@example.org